Ox liver alla veneziana
- In a heavy frying pan, melt 40g of the butter over a medium heat.
- Add the onion with the bay leaf and sauté until the onions are pathetically soft and beginning to colour.
- Add the vinegar and evaporate completely before adding the wine and stock. Reduce the liquids rapidly until syrupy.
- Season and move to a bowl.
- Pat the liver dry, cut into wide strips, and season.
- Clean the pan and melt the remaining butter over a medium heat.
- Fry the liver briskly until coloured on both sides, turning once. It should be just pink within.
- Return the onions to the pan and mix together well before stirring in the parsley.
- Serve as is or with a little wet polenta.