Steak & Onion Pie RecipeDifficulty: Medium
- Pie Filling Ingredients
500g Diced Beef
3 Bay Leafs
Glug of Sunflower Oil
Egg Cup of Flour
220ml Can of Beef
Glug of Worcester Sauce
- Pastry Ingredients
300g S/R Flour
Pinch of Salt
- Pie Filling Directions
- Season the meat.
- Heat the oil and in a casserole pan and brown the meat, remove from the pan using a slotted spoon.
- In the same pan add sliced onions and gently cook without browning for 10 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir, picking any stuck on ‘gubbins’ as you go. Do this for a minute.
- Add the beef back to the pan along with any priceless juices.
- Add the beer stirring as you go.
- Let everything bubble for a minute then add the water and Worcestershire sauce. keep stirring allow to boil.
- Pastry Directions
- Mix the ingredients and let the pastry rest for 20 minutes.
- Roll out the pastry to ½cm thick.
- Brush the edge of the pie dish with a little beaten egg then cover with the pastry.
- Brush the surface all over with more egg. Make a little hole for steam to escape.
- Bake the pie for 30-35 minutes or until the top of the pastry is golden and crisp.